By William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- addresses theoretical features of human improvement, targeting cognitive, ethical, and non secular religion development
- examines events and issues of specific trouble to older individuals and appears at how faith can be utilized as a resource
- applies study findings to the matter of assembly the religious and psychological health and wellbeing wishes of elders with power or acute healthiness problems
- offers an in-depth examine end-of-life matters reminiscent of physician-assisted suicideHospital and nursing domestic chaplains will locate this publication informative and inspiring, as will gerontologists, clinic directors, and group clergy confronted with more and more older congregations. It provides psychological overall healthiness pros new options to assist increase the later years of older adults, and makes an exceptional textual content for classes on faith, psychological wellbeing and fitness, and getting older. Middle-aged and older adults, in addition to their households, also will locate getting older and God stress-free and encouraging as they try and grapple with the myriad adjustment and coping difficulties linked to aging.
Read Online or Download Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years PDF
Similar gerontology books
This quantity provides cutting edge learn on problems with significance to the healthiness of older folks: exertions industry habit, well-being care, housing and residing preparations, and saving and wealth. particular issues comprise the impact of work marketplace rigidities at the employment of older staff; the impression on retirement of the supply of continuation insurance advantages; and the impression of the possible money method (PPS) on emerging Medicare expenditures.
Celui qui vieillit entend à l. a. fois ses grinçantes articulations et les bruits de los angeles société moderne. Ses souvenirs coexistent avec le flambant neuf. Il se rappelle Duplessis et vit sous des gouvernements minoritaires. Il revoit l. a. procession de los angeles Fête-Dieu, pendant que, près de son fauteuil, ses petits-enfants écoutent Metallica.
Fit getting older in Sociocultural Context examines rising tendencies dealing with international locations in the course of the international: inhabitants getting older and inhabitants range. It makes a special contribution to our realizing of those well timed concerns through reading their implications for fit getting older, a subject matter of accelerating value to policy-makers, planners, researchers, households, and participants of every age.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Behavioral Neurology in the Elderly
- Religion in Aging and Health: Theoretical Foundations and Methodological Frontiers (SAGE Focus Editions)
- Psychological Treatment of Older Adults: A Holistic Model
Extra resources for Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years
Aging and God: Spiritual Pathways to Mental Health in Midlife and Later Years by William M Clements,Harold G Koenig
- Download e-book for iPad: The Social Context of Ageing: A Textbook of Gerontology by Christina Victor
- Conrad's Secrets by R. Hampson PDF